Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thankful

I was shopping in the health food store this afternoon with my two youngest children. Little Man was sitting on the floor in his carseat, being an angel. My daughter was being well behaved as well. I was very thankful. I went in with the intentions ONLY to get vitamins... came out with a little more... My daughter is SO good at reminding me to give her vitamins! Now if I could only be as good as remembering to take mine!

I'm so glad I can get my kids vitamins from the health food store! For us, that's the best choice. As I look at the ingredients in the grocery store vitamins, I see a lot of fillers. The ones at the health food store are usually organic and always all natural! With ingredients I can read and know what they are! Don't worry...you're kids only eat the gummy kind? They have THOSE kind there too! I was pleasantly surprised to see!

 I'm thankful that my mom raised me to know what's good for my body...yes, I've been in denial at times, but now trying to get back to the basics. And thankful that my mom shopped at a little store just like this for me and my sister and brother when we were growing up. Was I thankful then? Not so much! I still remember the corn puff cereal that I was forced to eat... I saw it the other day when I was shopping with a friend at Wegmans! However, now I try to have my children eating similar healthy things. We don't know how good we have it until we're all grown up! Thank you Mommy, for feeding me healthy things when I was little. I will always try to feed my kids that way too!

1 comment:

  1. I agree- I'm also very thankful to mom for raising us to eat healthy! I believe that is why to this day I don't have a big sweet tooth...unless it involves ice cream...or peanut butter and chocolate combined!! Although, I do not have fond memories of supposed chocolate birthday cakes that were actually made with carob or peanut butter that was so thick that by the time we opened out lunch boxes at school it was just caked on to the bread and it felt like chunky paste going down! I do, however, still really enjoy fruit leather, sesame sweet, and neutra grain cereal!! Thanks mom for being concerned about what went into our bodies:)

    ReplyDelete