Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Small Town Girl

I'm just a small town girl. I'm so grateful to my parents for moving me out of a very populated area and into the country at a young age. I remember visiting our old town when I was 16 and driving with a childhood friend. WOW! I was scared in the car! Not that she was a bad driver, but that everyone else on the road was seriously CRAZY! And there were several times I thought I might lose my life! YIKES! I love being back in the area where I spent my school age years... I'm so thankful that I'm able to raise my children in the country. Sure, we live in town, and our yard's not HUGE, but it's such a small town feel, that I wouldn't trade it! (Except maybe for a farm someday!) I know that God has us right where He wants us to be. I was driving to MOPS this morning, and saw a new traffic light. We were a "one light town" for the longest time. Then Wal-Mart came when I was in Jr. High. Wal-Mart got it's very own traffic light. I then called it a "one and a half traffic light town." I refused to call it a light. Now Lowe's is about to open. A HUGE boost to our local economy! IT HAS IT'S OWN LIGHT!!! I guess Penn Dot is thinking we're going to have MASSIVE traffic in and out of that parking lot. I guess we'll have to see. For now, I will enjoy being this small town girl, in this somewhat small town that's growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment