Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Organic. To be or not to be....

What is our world coming to??? Why do we have all these chemicals in our foods that are said to be causing cancer, early puberty and obesity?? I don't understand it! It's seriously disgusting! And super frustrating for this momma! I'm trying to feed my kids as healthy as I can, but it's so hard! They charge SO much for "organic" food! Way too much on an almost non-exsistant income family!

 I planted my own garden this year. It was very VERY late to get in the ground, but I was determined. It was a very busy time for me, as I had just given birth to my little boy. But I was determined. So I planted. Planted zuchinni, tomatoes, and peppers. Way too much of all of them! They were coming out of my ears! I need to remember this for next year and not plant as much. However, my girls and I enjoyed picking what came in before the first frost. There's something completely fulfilling about picking what you've planted and cooking it for dinner.

Then I dabbled in canning this year. Somethign else I want to take up more of in the future. And I still to make and freeze my applesauce with my mom. A yearly tradition. Fun times in the kitchen with kids and apples!

I try and buy organic when I can. And definately picking choices of "farm over factory." If it comes in a box, I try to steer clear. Praying earnestly that my girls have a normal CHILDHOOD, where they can be CHILDREN!

No comments:

Post a Comment