Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Worship = Connection

I recently went to an AMAZING Night of Worship with one of my favorite worship leaders, Kim Walker- Smith. It was...AWESOME! We were also able to meet her husband Skylar. They were both so down to earth. God's people, giving their gifts that HE gave back to HIM and leading others to do the same. Pretty AWESOME!

We stayed the night with friends in a hotel room with weird mirrors. Had some good laughs and amazing talks. God was present. The next morning we went to the Pre-Conference Worship Session which Kim taught. It was for worship leaders. I'm not THE worship leader. I am a member of the worship team. So was our friend Heather, and my husband occasionally plays the drums when he's not wrestling our three kids... You're thinking, well, that's not my gift, so I wouldn't have gone..??? WELL....Kim had some life changing things to teach about worship!!!

"Worship is not a song. It's not singing. Worship is the connection we have with Jesus. It's Him pouring His love on us and we in turn pouring it back to Him. EVERYTHING in life is an expression of that relationship. EVERYTHING! What would happen if the Body of Christ fought for that connection throughout the week, and came to church already connected?! It's a fight to maintain that connection. That relationship. Worship is about the Body of Christ coming together, coming into God's Presence." ~Kim Walker-Smith

That pretty much rocked my world. There's so much more I could share, maybe for another post. But for today, I want to share this, that worship is more then a song, it's more then clapping, raising our hands...it is our daily connection with Jesus. Everything we do is an act of worship to our Heavenly Father. Everything else we do (during church) is the expression we have of our relationship with Him. When we TRULY understand what He's done for us, how much HE loves us, then our lives will be forever changed. Should be forever rocked! "We love because HE first loved us!! God is LOVE! It's ALIVE!-KWS"

The Sunday following this amazing time away, I was reading my Bible on the way to church. I felt led to read in Psalm 74. I think it was because of something I had heard during the conference. However, instead I began to read near the end of chapter 73. This is what it said;

"Yet I still belong to you; you hold my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny. Whom have I in heaven but you? I DESIRE YOU MORE THEN ANYTHING ON EARTH. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak. but GOD REMAINS THE STRENGTH OF MY HEART; HE IS MINE FOREVER....But as for me, how good it is to be near God! I have made the Soverign Lord my shelter, and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things YOU do." ~Psalm 73:23-26, 28

I pray that you will desire God more then anything, ANYTHING, else on earth, and FIGHT for your daily connection with Him, as you worship Him in EVERYTHING you do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment