Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

THE BENCH!

I have had the desire to renovate my dining room, if only to change the furniture around and get a new table and chairs. We were blessed when we were first married with the gift of a table and chairs from our professor and his wife who did our marriage counceling. The condtion was that we had to give it away when we were ready to get something else. Well, I've been dreaming of a rectangular table and new chairs and a bench for the kids to sit on. I've scoured the internet for pictures and designs of a bench. Then my friend Kristie offered to help me build it. So the day after the last day of school, I packed my play pen, my 3 kids, and my wood into the mini-van and set out to Kristie's house. The girls were ecstatic to be playing with their friends! With me, Kristie and our 6 kids, we had a fun afternoon! We got down on her covered deck, (which I am ENVIOUS of!!!) and got to buildin'!



We had the kids try it out. Needed a few adjustments.


TADA!!!



While we were there, Little Man played in Kristie's little one's excersaucer and FELL ASLEEP!! He's NEVER done that before!!

Kristie helped me load the bench and off I went home, after a day filled with playing and building, to PAINT IT!

The Before picture...


The During picture...


I was so happy to find a gallon of paint in my basement stash of the same color that was used on the trim in the living room and play room of our house! SO thankful that I didn't have to buy it! AND it was very similar to the color that I had wanted to use!

In addition to the AMAZING bench that we built (I say "we" loosly, because basically, Kristie did all the work, while I helped with design and holding boards!) I was blessed that same week with a NEW to Me TABLE! My mom found it at a yard sale in New Jersey! The nice older woman GAVE IT TO HER FOR FREE!!!!! FOR FREE!!!! It is at least 40 years old! SOLID WOOD!! 3 leaves! The woman said she sat 14 people around it! I think at least 10 can fit comfortably! It's oval, so not the rectangle shaped that I had wanted, but it's all good! It has a very long, straight side that the NEW BENCH fits up to PERFECTLY! Thank you Jesus!! and Mom! and Kristie!!

I will post pictures of the final dining room "redo" SOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment