Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Thank You.

"Thank You Jesus for...." That is how my daughter ALWAYS starts her prayers. Not "dear Jesus" but Thank You Jesus. When she is praying for a family memebers boo boo, or saying her bedtime prayers, praying for her food. I LOVE that! It reminds me that I need to be thankful. To come in a spirit of thankfulness for ALL that He has done for us. I don't know where she got that from, she's just always done it. And I love it. I love her. And I love Jesus and am so thankful that He's given me the job of being her momma.

Lord, help me to remember to be thankful in all things.

"We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you..." ~Colossians 1:3

"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful."
~Colossians 4:2

Devote yourself to being thankful. WOW. Working on that.

"For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving.."
~ 1 Timothy 4:4

Out of the mouths of babes.... I think when she asks the Lord, with thanksgiving in the beginning of her prayer, the Lord hears her. I know He does.

"But Jesus called the children to him and said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these."
~ Luke 18:16

I know that there is power in my little girl's prayers. I don't want to hinder her coming to Jesus. With a faith like hers, I know that Kingdom of Heaven belongs to her! I pray I can continue to nurture that faith and lead her in the way that she should go.

No comments:

Post a Comment