Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

STRAWBERRIES!


Over the dirtroad and through the fields, a strawberry pickin' we will go! After much personal debate about the weather, should i go alone, can i really take the small ones and not the big one, etc etc, I took the PLUNGE!



We had fun! Little M picked about 1/3 of a basket, and then found a new friend and ran around the strawberry patch with her.


Little Man almost missed out on all of it! He fell asleep on the way. Thankfully we were out in the country, way out, so I was able to park in the shade, open the van doors, and pick just a stone's throw away from him.

Little M and I filled one basket, and went back to the car to put it in, and check on Little Man. He was awake, I'm sure the little boy standing near the car, calling for his own mother, "helped" him wake up. He woke up happy and I decided to brave the jogging stroller in the patch. It was difficult, but I managed. I found that if you slightly tip the stroller up and roll it only on the front wheel, you can sucessfully navigate the narrow pathways without crushing precious berries. YIKES!

I was SO GLAD that I told Little M NOT to eat any strawberries until AFTER we paid for them. I knew that even if I had let her eat "just one" she wouldn't have stopped. We also ran into the owner of the farm's daughter. She was picking for their stand. So glad my daughter wasn't stealing, er, eating their berries. :) She jokingly asked if they'd weighed Little M before we came to the patch. Because if she weighed more, we'd have to pay for those berries. Funny Lady!



I am hoping the forcasted rain this week will make the smaller berries that are left over, grow and they will have one more week of picking.



Now to do SOMETHING with the TEN POUNDS that we picked!??!

No comments:

Post a Comment