Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Blueberry Picking!

My we've been busy. Busy with what, I ask myself. At times I can't remember. So I will start with a recap of what I can.

We took the kids blueberry picking. TWICE! The first time we only had a half an hour before the patch closed. We picked about 4 pounds that day. Good little pickers! Little Man sat happily in his stroller while we picked quickly. The view from the blueberry patch is AMAZING! I haven't been in 2 years, and a little has changed. The last time I was there you could not see the windmills. But time means change and change means progress, right?

of

The next time we went we had a little more time. We picked 8 pounds. Little Man even picked! Daddy gave him a small branch with berries on it and he picked and ate them. Opps. The girls were very good and waited until we checked out, before they ate. We saw a doe with twin fawns on the way home. What a special treat to see God's creation!


AND I got all of the blueberries put up! I'm so proud of my little accomplishment! AND I made 2 batches of Blueberry Buckle, tweaked a little to make it healthier! :) Best Recipe EVER! Check out the recipe here: http://www.pickyourown.org/blueberrycc.htm
And the family LOVED fresh blueberry pancakes too! What else will I be making with my yummy blueberries?? I cannot wait to find out!


No comments:

Post a Comment